At St. Peter's Church of England Junior School, we strive for all members of our community to 'Learn and Live - Life in all its Fullness' and we have therefore used our COVID catch-up premium funding to further support and enhance our children's learning and well-being. We are committed to providing a curriculum that is meaningful and ambitious, designed to give all children the knowledge, skills and character values they need to succeed in life.
We have used our £13,370 COVID catch-up premium funding to:
- Employ a new Learning Support Assistant, enabling every class in the school to be supported by an additional adult. This includes well-being support, 1:1 intervention work and group teaching.
- Provide training for our Learning Support Assistant's, including Maths, Early Reading and Precision Teaching.
- Provide anxiety training for our Learning Support Assistants, including a workshop led by our Educational Psychologist.
- Provide whole school training for Early Reading, including specialist support to monitor and develop the provision for our lowest 20% of readers.
- Fund additional CPD for Hampshire Maths and English Advisors to support/equip our subject leaders and class teachers to identify specific barriers to learning and plan accordingly, including strategies to best support teaching and learning.
- Run the National Tutoring Programme for 24 children in school, including 9 Pupil Premium.
- Provide High Quality Inclusive Teaching CPD to the whole staff team, delivered by the SEN Lead Advisor for Hampshire.
- Enable additional time out of class for our SENCO to monitor the provision for children with SEND, including the implementation and impact of our SEN Learning Journals.
- Provide additional time for curriculum planning to enable our teachers to plan and deliver a meaningful and ambitious 'Life in all Fullness' curriculum.
Through our internal monitoring, governor meetings and Hampshire county visits, we will continue to evaluate the impact of this provision and spending of our COVID-19 catch-up premium grant.
Please read our COVID catch-up premium strategy for more detailed information.